Community Planning Branch of Government Relations (GR) is the approving authority for subdivision of land. The Planning Department reviews subdivision applications, which must be prepared by a Saskatchewan Land Surveyor, for bylaw and policy compliance. If the application complies with all requirements, Council can recommend to GR that the subdivision application be approved.
- Contact RM Office (306-692-3446) to discuss the proposal.
- Complete a Development Permit
- Have utility lines located. This speeds up the review process by identifying lines that may interfere with buildings and may need to be relocated and what the cost is. Also, utilities may require new easements due to the change in parcel ownership.
- Call SaskPower: 1-866-757-6937
- 1st Call: 1-866-828-4888 [SaskTel, SaskEnergy, Trans Gas, TransCanada Pipeline]
- Contact a Land Surveyor and request a “proposed plan survey”.
- Allow 1 to 3 months for review process
- Upon Approval – register the new survey plan and request title.
- RM #161 does permit two residential subdivisions per quarter section. Residential development within the NEF 30 (Noise Exposure Forecast) of 15 Wing is restricted.
- Minimum size 2.54 acres
- Maximum size 10 acres for new sites.
- For existing yard sites – the area required to include shelter belts, dugout, and septic systems.