To our valued Rate-payers of RM 161:
Re: Update on Services and Council Meetings
Hope this letter finds everyone safe and healthy. While schools, businesses and public facilities are all under a mandated closure, the RM of Moose Jaw wants to re-assure everyone that we are doing our best to ensure the needs of our residents and landowners are met despite the challenges we currently face.
Specifically, the office is available for all inquiries. Janna and I are alternating days at the office to answer phone calls to ensure we adhere to the social distancing standards with only 1 person being in the office every 2nd day. The alternate days Janna or I are not at the office involves “work from home” whereby we are able to respond to specific needs the moment they arise.
Furthermore, our Public Works team have employed a “business as usual” philosophy, ensuring to practice the social distancing standards by arriving and leaving at different times to virtually eliminate social interactions. Hats off to our team for adapting in these challenging times and ensuring our roads are maintained while also keeping each other safe.
Concerning our Council meetings and maintaining the social distancing standards, for the time being, our Council meetings will be taking place via a secure “Zoom” Meeting Conferencing app. It is the Municipality’s intent to ensure all meeting remain open to the public, therefore should a member of the public wish to observe the meetings please contact the office by email or phone in advance to obtain an ID and passcode and more information on the app. It will be important to provide your contact information such as your name and land location. Controls will be in place to prevent un-authorized access. Protocol guidelines (attached) when attending Municipal meetings as observers will remain the same as traditional in-person meetings. Our next scheduled meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 14th, 2020 beginning at 8:30 a.m.
As always, we ask that you continue to call our office to report any specific road issues or concerns. We will continue to be here to help!
Stay safe and take care!
Rural Municipality of Moose Jaw No. 161
ATTENDEES AT COUNCIL MEETINGS POLICY
1. It is recognized that meetings of council are public, and that members of the public may attend meetings, subject to certain rules of order.
2. Attendees not making a formal presentation to council may attend as observers. Observers shall:
a) Be seated in areas designated by council at all times during the meeting, except to come into the council meeting room and leave the council meeting room;
b) Refrain from speaking while the council meeting is in progress;
c) Refrain from any form of rude or aggressive behaviour, and refrain from making any body motions or gestures that may be disruptive in any manner.
3. Should anyone contravene any of the terms set out in No. 2 above, the Reeve and Council may cause to have the attendee or attendees in contravention removed from the council chambers immediately, and may further ban the attendees in contravention from attendance at meetings of council and the municipal office permanently.
4. Persons wishing to address council on a topic may do so by making an appointment with the Reeve or Administrator not less than one week in advance of a meeting, and shall disclose at least one week prior to the meeting the topic which the person wishes to address. The Reeve, Administrator and Council have the right to accept or reject anyone applying to address a council meeting.
5. Attendees making a formal presentation to council shall:
– Limit their presentation to 15 minutes or less, and at all times, address the topic which the attendee has stated he or she has come to the meeting to address;
– Refrain from any form of rude or aggressive behaviour, and refrain from making any body motions or gestures that may be disruptive in any manner.
6. Should anyone contravene any of the terms set out in No. 5 above, the Reeve and Council may cause to have the attendee or attendees in contravention removed from the council chambers immediately, and may further ban the attendees in contravention from attendance at meetings of council and the municipal office permanently.
7. This policy applies to committee meetings as well as council meetings.